Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas and beyond

Hi again to all. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year or soon to be. WE are looking into the new year with many blessings to come and God on our side. Our small family Christmas was celebrated on tuesday with a little surprise. Church brought over many gifts that we are so very thankful for. God bless all those givers :) So our present opening took a little longer than expected. Talin slept through most of it with Aunt Jillia loving all the cuddles. Annabelle enjoyed it and I believe even was overwhelmed by all the gifts.

Wednesday I went into the hosp. again and was expecting the same old stuff. Plans changed a bit. First Seth was able to come and spend some time up at the hosp. b/c my parents took the kids. Next I found out that my beta numbers actually went up the previous week, which is NOT a good thing. Thank you all my PRAYER WARRIORS because that wed. when they took my blood again, the # went down. So we were around 1700, then back up to almost 3000, then back down to 1200 or so. A few details for all here. When the beta # goes up that is when they look at changing the course of treatment becasue something isn't working. For now...I am staying on the same treatment b/c the #went down again. We do not want this # to continue to go higher, I will continue Chemo until the beta # is zero. As the # goes lower the process becomes a bit longer. So going on into Jan. and Feb. I most likely will still be in chemo. Not necessarily something I was wanted or expecting. So this is a huge emotional adjustment for me personally. I am also to the point of shaving my head with is an emotional battle as well. :)

Well onto my wonderful husband! He, without me knowing set up a special Christmas breaksfast for me in the hosp. Seth talked to the nurses before he left on Christmas Eve and has also talked to my parents and his parents all ahead of time. At 9:00 both our parents showed up with all kinds of Christmas breakfast treats, and the best surprise the kids were there too in reindeer ears and all ! :) Nothing could have been better on my Christmas morning in the hosp., a memory I will never forget and I am deeply thankful to Seth for this!!!!
On Christmas after I got out of the hosp. I was able to go over to my parents for a party which was great, tiring but awesome to be with family! Unfortunately we had two other get togethers planned on friday and saturday that I did not feel up to at all. But Seth being the great daddy he is brought the kids by himself to both the parties!!

So we go into the new year cautious but excited and asking everyone to continue to pray

*mom is extremely tired on most days and is struggling with not being able to take care of her kids by herself...it is so hard to let go!

*we NEED the beta # is continue to drop for chemo to ever come to an end

*emotional adjustments to continued chemo and losing hair (again)

*continued strength esp. for Seth to carry on with day to day tasks, life is still difficult with 2 little ones and one tired tired mommy

thanks for all the support we love you all!!!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Hi Megan,
Thanks for the updates. I like to have specifics to pray for... thanks for listing them! Praying for the beta count to go down... praying blessings on your thoughts and your feelings! Praying for Seth and the kids! (Would it be selfish to pray for fast hair re-growth? I don't think so!)

bushfamily said...

Hey guys! Lots of prayer for you were answered by Seth's Christmas surprise. We were praying for you all week that something would make Christmas special and memorable for you ALL!! God is good. I'd love to come visit one day next week. If you're up to it that is. I'll call on Monday or Tuesday. I just want you to know that now Andrew prays for Miss Meg now at lunch. From the mouths of babes. The other day he said. "Jesus love Meg. Make ickies go away." Lots of love.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! And what a new year it will be! Looking upward and onward! We here are also praying that your "ickies go away!!" And soon!
So glad that your Christmas was joyous (as could be) and special. Surely one you won't soon forget. Those numbers will go down, and your hair will grow back. For now, worry about nothing but holding God's hand and fighting this disease.
Kailani

Southern Belle said...

Hey Meg, so glad you had a wonderful Christmas morning. Mom told me about the plan the night before and I got chills. Just a great memeory. I am praying specifically for your stuggles as a mom. I know that it is hard to let go, but I'm not battling a disease. I just had a cyst and tooth removed today and I am feelin guilty for being waited on hand and foot, but my husband and daughter are so gracious. all that to say that you are doing what you can and you children love you dearly. It was good to see them at the family parties, but I really missed seeing you. The bracelets are great conversation starters and great prayer reminders. I haven't taken mine off!!
My kids have had the fever and cough like Annabelle. I agree, no fun! Ya know, Annabelle and Talin loves you dearly. As hard as it may be, try not to dwell on the guilt you are feeling because that is Satan getting into your head. Those two little ones have a great mom and dad and a great extended family. Romans 8:28