Wednesday, December 10, 2008

From the hospital 12-10-08

Hello to all the loyal readers...

Well to update everyone and to clarify my count which we want to fall is....I think we got some numbers mixed up last week :) We reported 35hundred instead of 35thousand what a difference a zero makes...sorry anywho the count started at over one million in November and Tuesday at my apt it was at 8000 (the correct number of zeros) and on wed in the hosp. it has dropped to somewhere in the 1700's! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOD! So there is a big praise for us! So let me explain this "count. This is the count from the molar preg. (which started the cancer) which basically is telling us how much cancer is left in my body. Eventually we are looking to getting this back to zero someday. Right now we are well on the way!!

It has been a rough go for us the last couple of days. If you didn't know, the kids were sick. Annabelle has cleared up and is off meds. Talin has not and actually went back to the Doctor a second time for a double ear infections, then this past Sunday we headed to ER because mom (meg) was worried of dehydration, the previous day he only ate about 10 oz of his normal 35 or so. The trip was uneventful, thank the Lord the little guy is okay and since the trip is slowly returning to normal. Now we just want him back to sleeping the night because rest is so important in our house now. I have also come down with a monster of a cold which is not the greatest thing. It is sucking every little bit of energy I have left. Making nearly impossible to take care of the kids which is very hard and emotional for me. It is so hard to watch someone else do everything else that you used to do. Thanks to all who are in the house and helping we appreciate every little bit you do! So very sorry for all tears that are uncontrollable at times :) Seth and I are very run down and tired which is just making life hard.

Chemo treatments are working but getting harder and harder to recover from. Emotions are always running high and I just can't stop the tears anymore. Someone once told me that chemo brings you to the brink of death and then brings you right back to life. I can see it starting to happen. Which is a scary thing quite honestly.

I still have hair it is just thinning on the top fast. I really have given up on it. The more I touch the more it falls out. I pretty much just wear a bandanna everyday now, just makes life easier.

Seth and Annabelle were able to go and get a tree which I was very happy that they could do that. Annabelle is enjoying decorating and having all the lights on. That is joy to watch the awe and wonder in her eyes.

Well this is getting long so I will wrap up...let me say this, Seth normally "edits" my thoughts because I have chemo brain so I am sorry if parts do not make sense.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear the count is down to 1700!!! Praying for you all the time. Hang in there.
Love, Mark & Becca

Jillia said...

I want you to know that you are always on my mind and in my prayers. Also, I have felt very blessed that I have been able to spend time with the kids. Even though the circumstances aren't the best, I really have enjoyed getting to know each of their personalities, especially Annabelle becoming a little adult in her talking:):) There is something great about the innocence of children, and how something as small as a Christmas tree makes their week :) Sometimes I wish I was a kid again:)

Kari said...

God is good... All the time. That is one of my favorite sayings, and I praise him that you are saying it! I am glad to hear that your count is down... we are still praying for you!