Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tues the 18th

Well I am officially still in the hospital and Talin is officially 5 months old. Grandma Sterken is taking over the first time baby food eating. Bless her help and everyone else as well, I'll get back that...

Medically some changes occurred. The chest air bubble has disappeared according to the last chest x-ray. Staff is still watching with caution to see if it comes back yet again, and therefore will be leaving the chest tube in for at least one more day Another rough rough night as with pain. Waking up at 10:30 and being in excruciating pain until at least 12 is not fun at all. So today has been some more blood work to check for infections, rest when we can, and trying to stabilize pain on a consistent basis, that is the only way I can leave this "lovely" place.

Now for the scarier, I have been feeling Satan in our "Healing Room". I am on A LOT of drugs and I am sure that plays a part in this at least. However, I have been having horrifying visible dreams that have got to be from the Devil. Last night I physically felt a nurses hand on my leg and this nurse told me I was going to die and then I woke up. I quickly had to wake up Seth to see what is really going on. Another example I will get into but not much because it frankly still shakes me up...I was in a car accident with the kids and Annabelle got thrown out of the car onto the road. These dream are very life-like and terrify me and I know It is Satan working, so please be praying!

On to better news, the help we have been given is nothing less than amazing. Our neighbor across the street who owns his own plowing bus. is plowing our driveway for free all winter!!!

Gentex Corp. has been more than gracious to Seth and our family in many many ways. From people I have never met, I feel their love, what a great feeling!

My school is collecting money toward giftcards for food.

Daycare has given us 1 free week plus the staff is making meals as well

Plus all the love, meals, and prayers from First and that is only a beginning and I am not even home yet!

This is all still very overwhelming and honestly hard to take in these gift but we love you all so much and God is teaching us every step of the way.

4 comments:

Trish said...

HI meg, it's trish. i have been thinking and praying for you daily! i am so glad you started this blog i will keep up to date with it! i will also be praying for your dreams, no fun!

your sister in CHRIST, Trish

lucyseay said...

Meg, it is so awesome to read your own words on your blog today. Seth has done a fantastic job in documenting your journey so far, but it is a joy to hear your voice come through as well in your entry. We are praying all day every day and thinking of you constantly. We ask God to bind the enemy and bless you with sweet dreams, in JESUS' NAME!! So glad to hear how all those around you are stepping up to minister to your family during this time. We love you!! Lucy :)

Kat said...

Hi Meg, it's Trina! So good to hear your voice coming through (not that Seth wasn't doing a fabulous job, haha =) We have been praying for you and I have especially been asking for peace for you when you sleep. I have experienced dreams like that and know just how terrifyingly real they seem, so that is why I am making it my personal mission to be your prayer warrior in this area! We love you guys and will continue to pray for you all during this journey.

In Christ,
Trina

Aunt Kathy said...

Thank you for keeping us updated. We pray for the strength and encouragement you need everyday to get through this time in your life. We're here for you for whatever you need. Love Uncle Jack and Aunt Kathy