Friday, November 28, 2008

Thursday-Thanksgiving and a bit of wed.

Meg writing...

Well going back into the hospital is a hard emotional, lonely thing to do. I decided that there is no point in Seth staying at the hospital on my 12 hour cycle of chemo so he stayed a bit but then went home for some good sleep! :) So first prayer request, it is going to be very hard going back to the hospital every other week for me.

Everything continues to go as good as possible...the cancer count or beta count that started at over 1 million is down to 3500, praise GOD! Now at some point this will level off but that I guess is an expected thing.

Nurses are a continued blessing with all their love and happiness they bring to the profession, wow what a hard job!

Wednesday the chemo started and I quickly remembered how much it hurts to continue to get poked with needles. Every session I have a new poke into the port is required, they say because I don't weigh that much that is probable hurts more, lovely. Also the tape from the removal of the chest tube came off...very painful, my skin on my chest has become hyper sensitive to all the tape and ripping tape off all the time leaves a burning like you can't imagine and even small blisters at times, yuck!

The chemo session went semi normal, my blood count is too low and at some point (sometime soon most likely) I will be getting blood transfusions to help in the healing process of my body, a little scary there. I am also having low blood pressure which could be from many things including my weight. I also think I am starting to lose some hair which is harder to deal with than expected, nothing noticeable but to me it is :) So those were some of the downers to deal with but as always there is a good side.

My mother in law has given me a book...praying through cancer, which has been very uplifting while staying in the hospital. Thanks so much Barb! I also got out of the hospital a little early on Thanksgiving 1 instead of 2, so I was able to go to at least one side of the family and enjoy the day, a day of so many blessings (my emotions got control of me for awhile) :)

Continued prayer requests....
*The kids, they are sick esp. Talin, which is hard to deal with and not the best situation for me to be in. This week begins the open door of people coming in to help with caring for them which will be very hard on Annabelle who has resorted to mommy only mode. Bless her heart.

*Seth is also run down and has a nasty cold

*Blood pressure is low

*Blood transfusions may be needed

*Dealing with hair loss

*Just the emotional toll it takes to continue to go back into the hospital and seeing the same patients there week after week

6 comments:

The Suhys said...

In our prayers, as always, if you would like us to take a sick boy overnight, we already have one so one more wouldn't hurt! Love ya, hang in there kiddo!

Southern Belle said...

Thanks for leaving a list of prayer request. Glad you could spend Thanksgiving with Family.
We love you dearly. Emotions are part of the treatment..... for everyone! :)

Trish said...

Hi Meg,
Glad you were able to see some family. If it makes you feel any better about the whole blood transfussions, Alaina had about 10 of them when she was really little. While I was scared of her getting someone else's blood for various reasons the doctors were very helpful about putting my fears to rest! Mostly about it being safe and all! :) Thinking and praying for you.

Unknown said...

You are constantly in our prayers. Wishing you a good day today.

bingannron said...

Megan,

I don't know if it makes you feel any better but I had many, many blood, platelet and plasma transfusions when I was going through chemo and never had a problem. I also used them as a good time to rest as they pumped me with benadryl right before the transfusions. As far as the hair loss I promise it comes back and as it does you get to see what you would look like with hairdos you never thought you'ld try :o) Remember you are never alone! Keeping you in our prayers!
Annmarie

Amanda said...

We are praying and thinking about you.We love you.
Love:Uncle Paul,Aunt Cindy,Dustin,Ben,Amand,and Josh