Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday November 21

Meg is home, there is no place like home. Thanks for all the love and support both Meg and I were given during her time in the hospital. Meg still has a chest tube in as the bubble on her left lung remains-but it is very small. She has a portable collection container attached to the tube that has allowed her to go home. Tomorrow morning (Saturday), I will be taking her back to the hospital for a follow up x-ray and hopefully the lung shows that it is completely healed and that no bubble remains. If so they make take out her chest tube tomorrow after the x-ray. An update on how Meg feels-she has her pain under control with the meds she is taking. She has nausia off and on and still is getting her body use to eating food. She is still very tired and needs to get her stamina back up as she has been in a bed for the last 11 days. Her blood count is way down so she is getting a shot each day to help boost that number back up. She needs to be very careful with visitors and crowds as her immune system is down and catching a cold or any other infection right now will slow down the healing process. Her next chemo is scheduled for next Wednesday and Thursday, she will get that chemo at the hospital and will have to stay Wednesday night.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea for being home! I'm so excited that you get to recover in the comfort of your own home as opposed that hospital place.

I've got to share with you the passage from the message at church. It's from Corinthians 12. As the pastor read I couldn't help but think of you. "...there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messanger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Julie said...

So glad to hear that your home! It's got to be so much better than the lovely hospital! :) Praying for continued healing. So glad to here how everything is going so far. We love you guys very much.

bushfamily said...

Praise God for answered prayers! We are so glad to hear that you are home where you belong! We'll pray that the chest tube can come out tomorrow! Lots of love for you and all the family!

Kari said...

Glad to hear you are home!

Whitney said...

YAY! I am so glad to hear you were able to come home. I can only imgaine how homesick you must be. God is answering our prayers!!!! Let us know if you need anything - really! We are more than willing to help.

Much Love!