Thursday, November 20, 2008

20th The days are blending together

One day is starting to blend into the next day after day, don't ask me what day it is 'cause I don't know. Ten days after living in any medical facility it really starts to get long. It makes me realize how strong the Iford family is, God bless them!





Good news first... the bad dreams are somewhat gone!!! Praise the Lord, sleep is a glorious thing:) I am still having some crazy dreams but nothing life changing or so frightening. I also am able to write a bit more (I am actually typing this for once, love the spell check). Reading is still very tough, one word at a time, slowly. I was able to decorate our room with favorite verses and inspirational ones too :) A much happier place now. My pain is much more managed now, I am on constant pain medication that is timed out, but my as needed pain meds are almost rarely used at this point. Nights are much more filled with sleep than pain. All pain meds are pills now and not IV which is helpful for going home. I see the kids about every other night which I look forward to each time!





Still working on speaking I am still often at a loss for the right word I want to say, but what is new there.





The chest tube as of 2:00 Thursday is still in, but they have made the collection container portable which makes going home much closer. I am getting shots which are helping me not get blood clots, which are very painful and sore after. As always chest x-rays are pretty much daily and the last one showed the air bubble outside the lung still there but very small-why the tube is still in. Blood tests come and go to monitor me for infections and track my blood count. Infections in the lungs or in the port are a huge risk now becuase my blood count is way down due to the chemo. Signs are posted on my door, regarding clean hands etc...Anyone with a cold is asked to wear a mask or not come near me. The cancer beta count which is suppose to be dropping with with the chemo, is doing that :) Praise the Lord again!





Going home is coming very close, a few more details to work out, please pray hard some of it is political and we can't do anything about :( Should possibly even be tomorrow... Love you all and thanks again for all the support!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Hi Megan, I heard about your news, and I wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers EVERY DAY. Alex, Bizzy, Angela and I will continue to pray for you. I will keep reading your blog, and praying that God will give you peace and patience. I pray that he will send his healing hand.

I am sure you have a huge support group with your friends and family. In my mind I was wondering what I could do to help you, besides pray. The gift I have to give to you and your family is my photography. Let me know if there is any thing I can do for you, as far as pictures of your children or family is concerned... no charge. It is the one thing that I have that I can give you in this time. God bless and heal you!
Kari Douma

lucyseay said...

Meg, I'm so glad to read your blog and catch up on how you're doing. This has been a crazy week, and I wasn't able to talk with Seth yesterday or today. I'm praising God about the reduction in bad dreams and the shrinking of the air bubble. I'm praying hard that you're HOME soon. Lots of love, Lucy :)