Friday, April 24, 2009

One more to go

Starting Monday I enter hopefully my last round of chemo...ever! I went to the oncologist and got some more information.

This will be my last scheduled round of chemo unless my numbers start to go up again. I will have weekly blood tests for awhile (a few months) then move to every other week etc...

I will have another cat scan and chest x-ray to see if some spots on my lungs/back are changing. I have one spot on my back that they still want to watch closely. Then depending on the results of that a PET scan if necessary which is kinda like a cat scan but more detailed and if that still shows a significant spot, surgery to get the spot out. The PET scan and surgery are last resorts and kinda unlikely. Just throwing that out there to let you know that cancer is never really done, there is always something.

It is kinda hard for me to get really excited about being done, when the docs always give the what ifs and never the 100% you're done. I am very hesitant going forward but yet sort of happy.

It is going to be very hard to go through this next round of chemo knowing that I already hit zero and I have to feel like crap again for a week.

To tell the truth, it is very scary to go into recovery after I have been living the cancer life for 6 months or so. I realize that with time I am going to be responsible for making dinner, taking care of my kids all day by myself, and taking care of the house etc...These are things that I have done nothing with for half a year, and now I have to teach myself again how to do them and balance them with normal life. So prayer requests in this area.

I will let you know of any changes in the next few days.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Jillia - let me know if you keep some entertainment for the children. I am always up for that:)