Thursday, March 26, 2009

Okay sorry again about the lack of updates but I have been busy. Busy by running to appointments and to the ER etc...

Last week Sunday we made the trip to the ER because I wasn't feeling good and ended up getting some potassium and then being sent home.

Monday I was in for my chemo and then was sent back to the ER because I needed blood and my magnesium was critically low so almost five hours later we got to go home.

Then on Tuesday we had to go to a follow up appointment at my Oncologist's office for a check up.

Friday I had a cat scan on my pelvis, ab area and chest. All this well I was fighting a terrible cold and wasn't eating much at all because my throat was really swollen. What a week.

Which brings us to this week Monday I went into my regular scheduled chemo and found out my blood was low along with my magnesium again.

So on my "down" week I went in on Tuesday and wed. to get blood and magnesium. Along with an eye dr. apt., brought both kids to check ups, and had another apt. at the oncologist. I am telling ya busy busy busy.

My beta number stayed at 3 for two weeks now. I am starting to finally feel back to normal now that chemo is almost here again for 5 days. :) My cat scan results were looking good and everything that was there before has decreased. So that is a good thing.

Where we are now is that we are hoping that my number is not leveling off. If that is the case a switch might have to be done in the type of chemo I am getting. We want the number to go down again and then the road to recovery can begin.

God is in control of everything and this is in his hands. I know the road of suffering is long but the glory at the end I can only imagine :) Please keep praying!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

We love you and we will NOT stop praying.

Jacki said...

Thank you for the update! We are continuing to pray for you and your family! Wow.... what a busy week! I hope next week get better!